What To Expect
What you can expect when we work together:
- To be respected, listened to and not judged.
- Sensitivity to your values, culture and spiritual ideas.
- Freedom to choose what you want to talk about.
- Confidentiality – nothing you say will be shared with anyone else and no-one will know that you are seeing me. The only exception to confidentiality would be if you shared you were planning to hurt yourself or another person.
Counsellors have supervisors they see regularly with whom they talk about their work. This is done in a way that does not identify the client.
What I ask for from clients:
- To arrive on time for appointments.
- If you can’t make an appointment then please let me know as soon as possible.
- Payment is prompt.
- If you are not comfortable about something to do with our work together, please talk with me about it.
If all of this sounds like something that would be helpful to you and your situation, then I look forward to working with you. Because our work together is based on a trusting relationship, if you don’t feel that we ‘gel’, I can refer you to other therapists if you would like.